Saturday, March 26, 2011

BritishBeautyBlogger: John Frieda Precision Foam Colour Review

johnf BritishBeautyBlogger: John Frieda Precision Foam Colour Review
I can scarcely think I am posting pictures of my greys! But, for the start time ever I've used a lasting home dye. Way back when, I used to have highlights, but haven't (other than one semi-permanent colour a pair of days ago) used a proper permanent dye before. I've been keeping out before winning the leap til I felt my hair really needed it.

My natural hair color is a lightish brown and has some natural blond highlights in it so it is an overall shade that can conceal greys quite comfortably on its own. But, it was becoming increasingly obvious that I couldn't put it off anymore - just too many strands of gray to hold on pulling them out!

So, I chose the color from the John Frieda site but the PR kindly sent me a colour either position of what I'd chosen. This was a very good move because I ended up using a different tone to the one I'd chosen from the site. You'll likely have seen the adverts for this brand - it's pretty heavily advertised - and there's a big push on how easily it is to use. For once, I can't disagree. A small bit of pouring, tilting and pumping and it's all done.

I yet receive the monitor of clumsiness from the semi-perm colour that I managed to stir all over my bedroom carpet - obviously big brown blobs on a short grey carpet look, er, all kinds of awful. But I didn't spill a sink with John Frieda Precision. The sparkle is great - it doesn't drip at all.

The color I am left with absolutely covers all the greys, no question some that. It has changed my natural blond highlights to a ruddy tone and slightly darkened the overall colour but I really like it. Completely a thumbs up from me for the whole thing - easy to use and great result.

The sole thing I was somewhat confused about is on the instructions it says that you can give it on an absolute maximum of 30 minutes. In fact, it takes a full five or more minutes to get all the foam worked through so some parts of the hair will take longer exposure than others.

Anyway, here are the pictures along with a BBB Recommends badge. Yep, it was that good.


johnfriedahair 003 BritishBeautyBlogger: John Frieda Precision Foam Colour ReviewPre-coloured hair taken in sunlight with a pair of obvious greys showing.

johnfriedahair 005 BritishBeautyBlogger: John Frieda Precision Foam Colour ReviewAfter colouring in duller light conditions (sorry but the sun went in! and no greys, but reddish tones.

No comments:

Post a Comment