Friday, November 26, 2010

Irish Songs for female singers

Subject: Lyr Add: JOHNNY LOVELY JOHNNY^^From: GUEST,Brigid in the mountains Date: 27 Apr 00 - 08:34 AM RAGLAN ROAD^^^ On Raglan Road, on an Autumn day, i saw her start and knew That her dark hair would weave a snare, that I might on day rue I saw the danger, yet i passed, along the enchanted way And i said let grief be a fallen leaf, at the morning of the day.

On Grafton Street in November, we tripped lightly on the shelf Of a deep ravine where can be seen, the deserving of passions pledge The king of hearts still making tarts, and I'm not making hay For I've loved too often and by such, by such, is happiness blown away. I gave her gifts of the mind, I gave her the mystic sign that's known To the artists who have known the truth, the Gods of good and rock A nd word and tint, I did not stint I gave her poems to say With her own call there, and long dark hair llike clouds over fields in may. On aquiet street where old ghosts meet, I see her walking now Away from me, so hurriedly, my intellect must admit That I had wooed not as I should, a tool made of clay When the angel wooes the clay, he'll lose his wings at the morning of day. JOHNNY LOVELY JOHNNY^^ The high walls of Derry look so sorry and gray And so does lovely johnny he is now passing out He is passing to bonny Scothland some beauty to see May the high powers above send him safe place to me. Oh Johnny lovely Johnny, do you listen the day When you came to my window to buy me out You promised you would marry me up above female kind Oh Johnny lovely Johnny what has altered your mind. Oh Annie lovely Annie it was all but in jest For I never intended to give you my best I never intended to makeyou my wife Oh Annie lovley Annie all the years of my life. The start time I met you tis well I do own twas in my fathers garden in the county Tyrone with my white apron round us, to shell out the wind oh Johnny lovely Johnny what has altered your mind. A lot of blue ribbons I will tie up and wear And a chaplet of forget-me -nots I will twine round my hair And if ever he returns again, I will recognize him with joy And I will kiss the lips of my own Johnny boy

Hi there M. hope you get some use out of these songs. As I said if you reach me about time I could get round tosending you the music score. Raglan Road we did in D, and Johnny we did in F, with the seconds doing high. Enjoy.Brigid

No comments:

Post a Comment