Tuesday, October 19, 2010

5 Questions With Johnny Lokke

5 Questions With. is your opportunity to get to acknowledge new and up-and-coming bands.Johnny Lokke plays classic metal, and in gain to his solo work, is also piece of the ring The New Breed. Lokke fills us in on his latest album.

Describe the good of your new CD Promises and Lies.This CD is directly ahead riff-based power metal.

It combines elements of Dio, Halford, Dickinson, Armored Saint and adds in modern influences like Astral Doors and Tarot.

Who are the other musicians on the album?I handle the vocals, guitars and bass; Carlos Arcay Fernandez handles the lead guitar; and Glen Lyons brings it all together on the drums.

What inspired your lyrics?My lyrics come from daily life: what I take in the newspapers, watch on TV and speak with people about. For this particular CD, although it isn't any form of a concept album per se, the songs are all around right and malevolent if you actually looking at them. That's why I called it Promises and Lies (which was the final song recorded and the last lyrics written). I looked at all the lyrics and institute that common theme. I didn't even see it when I was actually writing.So I basically took all those good vs. evil, light vs. dark ideas and combined them into one call to form of tie it all together. And then Alina Sliwinska, who did the artwork, jumped on the mind as good with the innocent little girl look at the dark ominous factory in the distance.

Will there be another The New Breed release?I hope there will be another New Breed release because they are so much fun to make. I love jamming with all kinds of different people, and it's cool knowing that on those records, anything goes. Who knows, maybe I can convince my friend Stefan Leibing (ex-Primal Fear) who joined me on the inaugural New Breed release as good as my CD Wrecking Ball to get out of retreat and meet again. He is meddling with his home and career now, but he is too well to remain hidden for too long. I still living in touch with the guys from those releases (Al Atkins, Mike Campese, etc. and I've had promises by friends like Dean Robertson from Tygers of Pan Tang and Jax (Jackie Chambers) from Girlschool to work on a song or two sometime, so who knows what will find? The New Breed has been such a fun part of my career that I can't see it ending. But for now it's time to get the Lokke train rolling again!

Anything else you'd wish to note or promote?I would simply wish to last out by telling everyone thank you so often for holding in touch with me and support my music. In this business, even winning a year off is suicide,and I took off for 3 years! But I hold in touch with so many people on a casual basis that need to live what's going on, and all on the way I'd send out demos and get their feedback because I had so many songs to select from. The coolest thing is none of those ever leaked either. Is that loyalty or what? Name me one other band that you can't find bootlegs of their demos and block all over the net in approximately 2 minutes.

I'd also wish to thank Andy Sneap for some help he gave me during this recording. I got stuck on a couple things, and here he is in the heart of various projects like Nevermore and Accept, and he takes time out to serve me get straightened out. That is moderately cool, and it's simply another reason I really look like every day is a heavy day for me in this business. Also a lot of credit goes to Jay Walsh of Farview Recording who mixed the record (he's done work for Ripper Owens, Jason Bittner of Shadowfall, Metal Blade, etc. and Erik Monsonis who mastered it. They really took it to the next level. UP THE IRONS!

Johnny Lokke Official Site

No comments:

Post a Comment