Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What this Mom Knows! I Drop in Bed With Johnny Flynn

Holy shit, I love Johnny Flynn!
I knew I loved him before I went to see him last night but now I Truly love him! He's hella talented! My husband was precisely along for the bait but still he admitted that he's amazing. I stood right in presence of the stage, directly in presence of the mic stand. There was no better position to be than where I was.

I could have counted chin hairs if I'd wanted.

This was basically my position for the night. The girl next to me got a flush out of it when I took this photo:
I took a few small videos of him since I was trying not to use my flash. If I'd busted off photo s like I ever do, he would have been blind by the end of the show. I gave him a break and tried not to use my flash. The videos are not intrusive. I posted a bit of my favorite song of his at the underside of this post. He didn't play every song I wanted to learn and I was surprised he didn't play Kentucky Pill. He wasn't with his circle and was only playing acoustically, which was nice. Kentucky Pill might be a difficult one to bet that way. Whatever the reason, I forgave him because everything else that he played was amazing.
I'd almost ordered his CD last week from Singapore. I couldn't find it anywhere legally because it wasn't out yet so my choices were waiting (not what I do well) or Singapore. I decided to hold and I'm glad I did. I not only bought it at the show, but I bought it from him. I handed him my money and so asked him to mark it. He asked my list and I told him. Then he started writing and looked up at me from behind his bangs and asked, "With an e on the end?" Boys who can't spell totally rock! Of flow my husband just told me that in some places there is no e on the end. Whatever, talented AND hot. He can turn my name however he likes.I also pulled out A Larum and asked him to mark that as well.That CD is getting burned into my CD player.I mind to it daily.
I had no thought what to ask when I bought these tickets. I've heard one other person speak of him in my whole lifetime and she lives in Nashville. She's the one who sent me his song over a year ago.He had some people give up for him and their names are listed on the bill above.They were pretty talented as well.Caleb Stine was my darling of the bunch.Turns out he's from Baltimore and plays here often.I will all see him again.
It's pretty groovy to see this guitar because he's always playing it. I reckon it's from the 40s. It looks like it has a vegetable strainer on it. I mean of that every time I see it so it's easy to clean out.It was beautiful:He was a very nice guy.Very British, very soft spoken and a bit funny.He too has the smoothest hands always and the smallest waist I've ever seen on a man.I wanted to give him something to eat.He looks like he could use it.He's the kinda guy you need to buy a beer for.Not because you need to get him drunk but because he looks like he could use the carbs.Anyhoo, LOVE. HIM.Can't expect to see him again!Brown Trout Blues:

No comments:

Post a Comment